Wednesday, June 13, 2012

BLESSING RING

I started a blessing ring when Patrick was born.  It holds all the cards from the first year he was born.  Everything from his arrival to his baptism to his birthday.  It hangs on his door and has been swatted by dog tails and little boy hands as he's grown over the past 2 years.  So it's expected that I would want the same for Charlotte.  Hers was a gift from my best friend and it holds all that is precious to me.  I had just threaded all of her cards shortly before she died.  I thought it would be so touching for her to later read the words of encouragement, love and support of so many who loved her.  I thought we'd have to get another one because they were so many of you who supported her that with two more surgeries and many special occasions ahead, we were going to quickly run out of room.

We now have a huge, black leather box from SH that holds cards with signatures or hand-written notes of sympathy.  Someday, I'm sure that I will string those too.  They deserve to get swatted by a dog tail and slapped occasionally by big brother's growing hands.  After all, just as Charlotte is, they're a part of our family.


Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22 - 23  



1 comment:

  1. THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE AND YES CHARLOTTE NEEDS ONE OF HER OWN AND
    LIKE YOU SAY SHE WILL PROBABLY NEED SEVERAL TO
    HOLD ALL OF HERS. MY PRAYER IS THAT YOU ARE DRAWING PEACE AND COMFORT FROM ALL OF US THAT ARE
    PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL AND WE ALL WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT.
    MAY GOD'S PEACE BE WITH YOU, JUDY

    ReplyDelete