Thursday, January 5, 2012

DAY 4: WAITING

I've always considered myself to be more of an impatient person than not.  Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of patience, but let's just say that I could always learn to have more!  Thanks to our situation and all that is offers, I am certainly perfecting the art of patience.  From the very beginning of this pregnancy, we've had to wait for test results, markers to be met or just for our sweet little one to grow.  And, now, waiting has turned into a full-time job.  But thanks to God's grace, I have never been more patient when it comes to this baby.  Other things, not so much, but when it comes to her I wait with a peaceful heart.

I've met with my OB and the baby's cardiologist today.  Things are good.  They more or less come by to say hi at this point.  The good news is that Baby Girl's non-stress tests continue to be the bright spots of each day, as she is showing no signs of distress in there.  As for my "Thursday sonogram," more waiting.  Dr. Weiss is out of town and the on-call doctor hasn't come yet.  

To help pass the time yesterday, Howie the therapy dog stopped by my room.  Little Patrick was here and LOVED showing off his 'gentle petting skills' which made this Mommy proud.  I'm glad that I got to touch a furry friend because I certainly miss mine.  Thank goodness for FaceTime.  

Over the past couple of days, I have been reminded of the goodness that God is capable of through friends and family like each of you.   Thank you for your continued prayers - I am humbled that you pray for our family each day as God brings us to your mind.  Thank you for encouraging us through what HE is telling you.  It's always just what we need to hear.

Be still and know that I am God.

Psalm 46:10

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet friend - what a beautifully written post, I just have no words. While I know we joked about this the other day, I think God has found his true voice through YOU. You inspire me beyond all means with your strength, grace and steadfast patience.

    ReplyDelete