Monday, January 16, 2012

ICING ON TOP

Here I sit...at home on bed rest.  It's just the way I like it.  And I hope that after tomorrow's sonogram, I will be back to sit some more.  I've crossed over to 35 weeks and we hope that little miss continues to be content with life 'on the inside.'  To help ward off readmission, my bags are packed and ready to go.  It's actually pretty convenient considering my leisure wear collection is on about a week's rotation. 

Today has turned out to be one of my favorite at home bed rest days.  In anticipation of the baby's arrival, my MIL and I opened a mini bakery as "we" made cookies to package for the nurses.  Fortunately, she loves to bake and I love to ice so it's a perfect combination.  Just like my baby love "monogrammed" cookies.  Plus, she did all the work as I watched from my chair and later, I got to ice them.  (I could get used to this arrangement!) Grandma also made a few "just for Patrick" cookies which he very proudly iced himself.  However he wrestled with actually icing the cookie versus eating the good stuff right away! Decisions, decisions.  

Until tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures of the cookies! Does this mean you have a name for sweet baby girl?

    ReplyDelete