Friday, February 17, 2012


Charlotte's chest is halfway closed.  Dr. M felt like it was in her best interest to keep it open partly until Monday.  This will allow itty bitty Charlotte to gradually adjust to the closure.  She's back on a paralytic (to paralyze her muscles during surgery), and other strong medicines which had been previously weaned, but these are standard for surgery to ensure her heart function is preserved.  We hope that she is able to be weaned from them just as efficiently as her body did after Tuesday's second heart surgery.  Specifically, we pray for God's healing power at work within Charlotte and a day spent in rest and recovery.

This is a great stride in the right direction for Charlotte's healing, and maybe one day soon when she will be placed in my arms again.  Patience, Mommy.  Patience.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him."  

Psalm 28:7


  1. Another great update. So happy and relieved for all of you.

    Love the photos of Patrick with his new present from Charlotte.

    Prayers continue.

    Martha and Aunt Maria

  2. Hoping you all have a weekend of rest and recovery. Love you lots!!

  3. So good to hear you're yet another step closer to holding your sweet, sweet Charlotte. What a beautiful little girl. Isn't it just mind-blowing that something so little and precious can be so mighty and strong? That is proof enough that God is in all of us. May He continue to hold her in HIS arms and prepare her for her loving mommy, daddy, and big brother.

  4. Wonderful news! The Lord is good!!! Patrick is so precious!
    Praying and trusting the Lord,
    David & Candy